Grace Tyler

finaldalbanner

My Website
Click to return to my website for upcoming releases and more.


About Me
I am a romance writer. That's not easy to say. Most people have preconceived notions about romances, and the people who write them. Let me tell you! Writing isn't for sissies. I got my first rejection in April 2004. That makes me a professional. In what other field are you considered a "professional" when you don't get called back for a second interview?

View my profile



Upcoming Releases

Photobucket
His and Hers Dalmatians
Moonlit Romance April 2008



My Favorite Blogs and Websites

Bronwyn Parry, Author & Golden Heart Winner!
Crystal Jordan, Author
Kate Rothwell, Author
Laura Hamby, Author
Tori Scott, Author
Nell Dixon, Author
Denise Patrick, Author
Valerie Parv, Australia's Queen of Romance
Joanna Sandsmark, Dog and Kitty Author!!!
Elisa Adams, Author
Sharon Cullen, Author
Meg Allison, Author
Michelle Styles, Author
Julie Cohen, Author
Becca, Writer and People Watcher
Sally Lawton, Playwright & Author
Ainsley MacQueen, Author
Jennie Adams, Author
Cindy K Green, Author
Bronwyn Storm, Doggy Author!!!


Works in Progress

Winter Miracles

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
4,063 / 10,000
(40.6%)


The Husband Checklist

checklist_2
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
3,442 / 60,000
(5.7%)


Resurrection

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
6,209 / 60,000
(10.3%)

Professor Kennedy's Ghost

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
362 / 25,000
(1.4%)


Everyday Hero


The Baby Contract


Almost On My Own


The Stone City


Daddy's Little Girls


Skin Deep


The Dog Next Door




Previous Posts

Wasting time
I can't resist
Da Ta Da Ta!!! It's Official !!!
The magic of deadlines didn't work
I opened my WIP
Eat more, weigh less
New focus
Traditions
Happy Halloween
Long past time for an update




Archives

April 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger
Sunday, March 30, 2008

Gratitude

From prior posts, you probably would not know I am somewhat religious. That's going to become more apparent with my August release, The Husband Checklist, which is an inspirational romance.

With my INSANE work schedule (I work half my hours starting at 2:30 am, the rest after my kids get home from work, and I watch my toddler during the daytime), I have a new condition I like to call The Sunday Coma. What exactly is the Coma?

It's when you Cannot Wake Up, no matter how much you want to. Last week, on EASTER mind you, I couldn't drag my sorry self to church. The entire family went without me, and I could feel waves of disappointment radiating from my husband and kids. I wanted to go. I cried after they left.

This week the Coma was in full effect. But my 2.5yo daughter, screen name Dizzy, wanted to get ready, and she wasn't cooperating with the 12yo daughter and dad. Dad kept saying very loudly, "What are you wearing to church?" which is code for, "Grace, can you either get her dressed or show me where her clothes are?"

I pulled my unwilling corpse out of bed and found one of her dresses. Not that they were lost, but you would have to look in her closet or the end of her bed to see them. Not a dad thing. If I give him the supplies, he will get her ready just fine.

By the time I got Dizzy ready I wanted to go too, and Dizzy was very insistent that I attend with them this week. Desire alone, unfortunately, does not conquer fatigue.

In the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror and started thinking of all the things I am grateful for on a personal basis, not the least of which is the ability to pursue my dream of being published. Let's face it, I couldn't have done that even thirty years ago without facing a lot of opposition. My husband is very supportive, and so is my extended family.

As I continued these thoughts of gratitude, silently thanking God for allowing me to live in this time and place of relative prosperity and freedom, I felt enough energy to get ready and go with my family to church. A big deal these days.

The Coma continued after services, but I made it!

Posted at 7:41 PM by Grace Tyler :: 4 comments