Grace Tyler

finaldalbanner

My Website
Click to return to my website for upcoming releases and more.


About Me
I am a romance writer. That's not easy to say. Most people have preconceived notions about romances, and the people who write them. Let me tell you! Writing isn't for sissies. I got my first rejection in April 2004. That makes me a professional. In what other field are you considered a "professional" when you don't get called back for a second interview?

View my profile



Upcoming Releases

Photobucket
His and Hers Dalmatians
Moonlit Romance April 2008



My Favorite Blogs and Websites

Bronwyn Parry, Author & Golden Heart Winner!
Crystal Jordan, Author
Kate Rothwell, Author
Laura Hamby, Author
Tori Scott, Author
Nell Dixon, Author
Denise Patrick, Author
Valerie Parv, Australia's Queen of Romance
Joanna Sandsmark, Dog and Kitty Author!!!
Elisa Adams, Author
Sharon Cullen, Author
Meg Allison, Author
Michelle Styles, Author
Julie Cohen, Author
Becca, Writer and People Watcher
Sally Lawton, Playwright & Author
Ainsley MacQueen, Author
Jennie Adams, Author
Cindy K Green, Author
Bronwyn Storm, Doggy Author!!!


Works in Progress

Winter Miracles

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
4,063 / 10,000
(40.6%)


The Husband Checklist

checklist_2
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
3,442 / 60,000
(5.7%)


Resurrection

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
6,209 / 60,000
(10.3%)

Professor Kennedy's Ghost

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
362 / 25,000
(1.4%)


Everyday Hero


The Baby Contract


Almost On My Own


The Stone City


Daddy's Little Girls


Skin Deep


The Dog Next Door




Previous Posts

The Coma, Part Infinity
I have awesome friends
Character Sketch and Excerpt: Callie
Character Sketch and Excerpt: Hayden
Book Review
Behind the Scenes--The birth of a book
Ah! Sweet Release
THE END
Gratitude
Wasting time




Archives

April 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger
Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Horrible dream

I had the strangest dream last night. Ordinarily, I would put such a dream aside and move on, but this one really shook me.

I had Dizzy in daycare. Not only that, but I was in such dire straits that a neighbor had told me she'd take Dizzy and FIND her daycare and drop her off. I handed my precious child over and glibly went off to work. Around 3 pm, it suddenly occurred to me that I didn't have a clue where my baby was or who was watching her, and I flew out of work on a quest to locate and rescue Dizzy.

The dream seemed to go on forever, and my little one wasn't even in danger. It was that sense of not having control over the care of my little one that was the nightmare. The priorities that we are forced to make as moms.

And that's why Dizzy's not in daycare and I work at home and endure godawful hours and lack of sleep and live in a Coma. I'm not sure she's better off babysitting me while I sleep, but I'm a lot happier this way.

My biggest regret as a parent is that my 12yo had to be in daycare, sometimes in horrid situations while I looked for other arrangements.

Only a parent would understand this nightmare!

And now on to a day of kid and elder care, and maybe a little typing? Please, oh writing gods?

Posted at 6:53 AM by Grace Tyler :: 0 comments